Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Praises from Africa

Today, we landed. Sweat dripped from the brow.
Hunger pangs are felt as never before. Backpack strapped;Book in hand. Ready.
I have never been here and is different than expected. Longer plains and many species to see.
Hot winds cause a toil travel. I thirst, but I am hunting. I did not know what I was up against.
I hope it is worth it as I want to forsake it already. Let me be; I am on a mission.
It is not for me.

Village is on the horizon. Scarcity is well known. I may not be accepted, but some will find out.
Believe me and see, they do not have what you have. Poverty is a disease. Babies dead; Children weak. I hold one and cannot see through the water.
Mother's sick and father is lost. Rice is low as it is too much cost.
The dead are living and the living are dead.

They gather around as they see the book. Meditating and translating;these are important.
Dusk has arrived as the Scriptures are opened. Crowds upon crowds, what will I say?
The weak and hungry thought I had food. The sick and dying thought maybe a cure.
Some were angry, yet some listened. I was here to tell of their condition.
None had ever heard and none ever had seen, the truth that caused them to believe.
Hearts were pierced and their conscience within;
The book spoke about the presence of sin. Some had fallen to their knees;
Some were wailing under the trees. This may cause death, but for me it is gain.
I care not when I leave, whether sooner or later.
I am not here for myself, but to preach Jesus Christ, Our Savior.

1 comment:

Erin in FL said...

AJ,
Are you taking a little theological vacation? Your last two posts were very creative...and very different from your previous posts. :o)

How are things going?
Take care,
Erin in FL